9 KHZ seems like more than enough for AM, after all, broadcasters are spaced 10KHz apart, and have very good quality signals...>So, a 9 KHz limit would make some sense, and should be plenty. This is not about broadcasting or demanding telephone-quality, and what I am saying that I would not object to a 9KHz -26dB bandtwidth limit as matter of a station's good practice,... All this means is that the audio quality will be excellent when limited, by good operating practice, to a reasonable 3000-3500 Hz audio bandwidth. So, there should be no 'static' from the AM enthusiasts..
I... do object to a 'strict' 3KHz limit on SSB bandwidth, as some older rigs are a bit wider, such as the GRC-106 military HF radio, which is about 3300Hz wide at -3dB and 4KHz wide at -40dB. Maybe it won't cause a problem.. ...>I do appreciate that "Amateurs would not be required to be able to measure the bandwidth of their signals", as this relieves the requirement for costly equipment. I understand that it does not relieve the responsibility for compliance. I'm sure it will be easy to comply using simple instruments.

I object to ANY new additional restrictions being placed on our operation, beyond the restrictions that already exist.

Don K4KYV

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/