From: "Merz Donald S" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Discussion of AM Radio" <amradio@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 10:21 AM
Subject: RE: [AMRadio] Test Equipment Recommendation

Really? Is this the best recommendation that we can come up with? Every one
of these that I see is awfully beat up after 30-50 years. And these were not
especially high quality units to begin with.

On the other hand, I don't know what else to recommend. I am using an old
Radio Shack Micronta VTVM, probably from 1970. I've had a Simpson 303 (these
do not age well--to be avoided) and the RCA VoltOhmyst in several different
flavors, plus several other brands. The Micronta has delivered the most
reliable, accurate service of any of them. But I can't really recommend that
because nobody could ever find one.

Given the advanced age of the VTVMs that survive today, this actually is a
harder question than it first seems.

73, Don Merz, N3RHT