Sounds like the power supply cannot deliver the current necessary. Could
be excessive resistance somewhere along the line, or bad filter caps, or
even the primary 120 VAC dropping . Start with the Primary AC and work
your way through the power supply, measuring voltage drop under
modulation. Don't overlook resistive ground connections. I will bet on
the caps. Good luck.

73, Ed Richards K6UUZ