-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jim Wilhite
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 8:21 PM
To: Discussion of AM Radio
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] B&W Dial Scale

Hi Chuck:

I carefully removed mine and tried scanning and recreating it but ran into
problems with dirt and the yellow color.  I then decided to just run it
through a copy machine and it came out very clear.  I have a HP PSC 2410 and
could make the copy on photo paper.

Today I took the photo paper copy to a copy shop here and had him run it
through his copier with 110 lb. card stock.  It came out very nice and I
bought some Locktite super glue that as a brush and used that to attach it
to the plate of the VFO.

I can redo the copy and mail it to you if you would like.  The copy will be
on an 8 1/2 inch piece of stock and you would have to trim it to fit your
VFO.

I used a single edge razor blade to remove the old one and it came off in
one piece.  I drew the outline on the new one and got it pretty close.

Cost of the copy will be $1.00 plus a 9 X 11 envelop at 10 cents plus
postage which I estimate to be about 85 cents.  Let me know.

73  Jim
W5JO