I'd bet it's one of this guys transmitters:

http://stores.ebay.com/FM-TV-Transmitters-and-RF-parts_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm

And here's a used one going in about 2 hours:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5730774971&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Larry
kz0e

Brett gazdzinski wrote:

No, its different from the one DC sells.
Its got no name on it, and I suspect it came out of some
very nice equipment.
The heat sink is very large, 4x3x3 inches, and from memory, its
a watt or 5 watts out, or maybe more.
I got it off Ebay, do a search for fm transmitter.

Best thing about it is its very clean in output, and high power.
It seems to be a good commercial piece of equipment, not a kit
or hobby type thing.
I use a small digital FM receiver to listen around the property,
and my transmitter does better than strong FM band stations in that
receiver.

I made an antenna out of a pl259 female chassis mount and coat hangers,
in the ground plane configuration.
its mounted to a vent pipe on my roof, well below the peak of the roof.

The ramsy kit on the same antenna had dead spots, and did not go more
than a few houses away on the car radio.

I have not tried the range of the new transmitter past about 500 feet,
but it was fine that far out.

Brett
N2DTS