Yep, I know Larry, but I had already gotten deeper than I intended to.
Because most of the video is motionless, the sidebands come out at
multiples of the sweep rate.  The color sub carrier frequency which is
only transmitted in burst mode as previously describe, was chosen at the
odd frequency that it is, so that in spectrum, most of the sideband
energy containing the color info, would fall between the energy of the
black and white info.  This was in hope of having less "intermodulation"
at the detector.  As for I know, it was not until Magnavox produced the
first COMB FILTER that we were able to make use of this bit of spectrum
conservation.  It is interesting to note that the color sidebands were
500KHz of upper and lower sideband spectrum except at the phase
difference of around 80-100 deg where the flesh tones are produced and
at that phase difference  the band width is much greater but only on one
sideband.  The RCA CTC 4 chassis made use of this with the "I and Q"
demodulation system, a very difficult sweep / band pass alignment
procedure.

This is all getting off the subject, but it was interesting to me that
all this could be kept separate with the fast switching on and off of
the burst and changing bandwidth of the I and Q modulated signal.

I love all this type of discussion.  I am afraid I would have to lean
towards the theory, that it is what ever fits the need of the detector.

At what wavelength does Electro-magnetic radiation become a particle?

Is the Universe homogeneous or chaotic?  That depends upon how it is
observed.

John,
WA5BXO