"Ken, as I read the rules, we are only allowed to run 375 watts carrier. With 100% modulation this will give us 1500 watts pep which is the max output allowed."

*******Don, You are correct about the 1500 watts PEP. It could also be derived by 600 watts of carrier with much less than 100% modulation. There are also schemes where the carrier is almost 1000 watts and it is modulated downward at nearly 100% and still get the 1500 watts PEP. Another comment about linears in AM service. Those who do the math and run an SSB linear with the PEP equal to 4 times the carrier sometimes miss the calculation of the male voice which will usually modulate higher than 100% unless limited in the audio section. Thus many SSB amps do not have the headroom for good AM.