To: "Discussion of AM Radio" <amradio@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 6:03 AM
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] GG 813 Linear in GE Ham News

Gary Schafer wrote:

A pair of 813s in GG are only good for 150 watts carrier out on AM.

73
Gary  K4FMX

I'm not trying to start anything here, Gary, but that statement seems to
be in stark contrast to what you said, yesterday...

With an AM linear the efficiency at carrier must be / will be exactly
one half what it is at PEP. Provided it is tuned properly.

73
Gary  K4FMX

What would the efficiency be of an AM Linear at carrier.

(or maybe I'm not reading this correctly, because I've yet to have
coffee this morning, and I -know- I probably should'n't be posting
messages in this state... ;-))

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR