-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:amradio-
[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:46 AM
To: amradio@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [AMRadio] need help
I'd have used an MFJ 259B to actually measure the input Z.  Alternatively,
you  can always use a  small tuner to "tune" the input.  I do that anyway
with my Drake L4B, (use a small MFJ mobile tuner with meter).
4-400's, eh?  Nice amp!  If your plate voltage is high enough, you ought
get serious power out of that baby! 73, Ed, VA3ES

From: Edward B Richards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
I want to drive a linear amplifier with a rice box that requires a 50 ohm
load.
The linear amp uses an input to a 170 ohm, 80 watt swamping resistor to
ground, then
through a .001 mfd capacitor, then through a VHF parasitic suppressor
consisting of  4 turns of wire around a 47 ohm resistor, to the grids of
a pair of parallel connected 4-400A tubes.
What I need to know is the impedance of the input. Is it close to 50 ohms
or do I need to use a matching network between the rice box and the
linear amplifier.