Barrie,

Download a copy of the manual, TM 11-286.

This can be gotten from:

http://eshop1.chem.buffalo.edu/Beastly-610.html

This is WB2FCNs web site.

The area you want to look at in the TM starts around page 43.

In the Military versions of the HT-4, (BC-610s), there are what looks like HV
fuse clips on the top of the final loading cap.  Depending which loading coil
is used, either C-455 or C-454, dictates whether you use a 55uuf or a 100 uuf
vacuum capacitor.

If I had spares, I'd hook up with you and we'd talk.  Unfortunately I do NOT.

There are OTHER changes that MUST be made to the TX - OR - damage can occur.
These are some MINOR rewiring that are COMPLETELY reversible!

If you own and use a BC-939 tuner, it ALSO must have some rewiring done, and
use of another one or two vacuum caps are used.  With the BC-939, the "long
wire" specified for operations from 1Mc to 2 Mc is 125 ft.

As to the HT-5 speech amplifier, I strongly suspect that a BC-614 speech amp
CAN be used in lieu of the HT-5.  Watch that "E" place for them to turn up.
They do from time to time.

The other place to go would be the T-368 BC-610 mail list through QTH.NET.
Join the list and meet some other owners of the BEASTS!

Bob - N0DGN