Hi Eddy,

The first thing I would do is get rid of those resistors and capacitors
across the diodes! They can cause more problems than they cure. Especially
if the resistors are carbon type. They change values tremendously. But if
you want to still use old vintage diodes you should have resistors and
capacitors across them. But use film resistors rather than carbon.

I would put in all new diodes like 1n4007 or 1n5408, s.
With modern diodes you should not put any resistors or capacitors across
them. They can upset the reverse current balance in the diode string and
actually cause failure.

If you can use a bridge instead of a full wave circuit you will also have
fewer problems with transients. With a bridge circuit there can be no
reverse transients across the diodes as the large filter capacitors are
always across the diodes.

73
Gary  K4FMX