--- W5OMR/Geoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It's just word
> association.  'FCC type accepted' is a common
> phrase.

It's more than that, 'FCC type accepted' is recognized
by a lot of other countries. I'm sure Industry Canada
often just checks the FCC reports and then "rubber
stamps" them to become part of the Canadian code, but
not always. I can't think of any ham radio examples
but when I was working I saw FCC type accepted
equipment that could not be used in the broadcasting
industry.
Perhaps this wide recognition is why many think it is
accepted everywhere.
The opposite is true as well. Anyone, licensed or not
can buy a amp capable of operating on 11 meters. It is
illegal to use them on that band however, or any band
if not licensed.

73, Dave, VE1ADH