Thanks to all of you for your insightful suggestionis.

In using coax connectors and coax cabling, I would recommend that one uses the red high voltage cable so as to clearly know the difference between an R.F. connection and a high voltage connection.

I am going to try another set of Millen connectors since the input seems to be that the ones that I used were just defective. Most of the ARRL, etc. homebrew construction projects used those Millen H.V. connectors. Perhaps, expanding the mounting hole on the chassis slightly might place less strain on the insulation properties.

Thank you again for taking the time to assist me.

Dave, W3ST
Publisher of the Collins Journal
www.collinsra.com - the CRA Website
Now with PayPal
CRA Nets: 3805 Khz every Monday at 8 PM EST
and 14255 every Saturday at 12 Noon EST