1) They diod NOT solicit input.

2) The decisions wer made by an ad hoc committee behind
closed doors that was very divided on the matter.

3) You seem to assume that I didn't try to give them my input.
Yes, as a member, I did on many occasions and they did not
even acknowledge my communications. I wrote to numerous officers and Directors
etc. The one who DID write back said
he knew nothing about it but would look into it.

The President wrote me back and all he had to say was they he regretted
having appointed the people who had dissented to his ad hoc committee!
Two of them had resigned in disgust.

He never responded satisfactorily to my input on the specific issues.
His mind was made up on the matter from the beginning.
Winlink Pactor all the way and to hell with the consequences.

There was zero accountability. So now we have this absurd
proposal that could lead to havoc not only for AM operators,
but especially for our CW brethren.

For example:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives/html/Topband/2006-01/msg00132.html