Keep in mind, the input impedance is very high, 1 meg at the mike
input stock radio. No transformer on the mike input in the 32v series.
I thought the driver transformer was adequate, its very large for a driver
transformer, the
DX100 has a postage stamp, the 32v had a fist sized driver transformer.

I use a pair of KT88 tubes as modulators and don't use the driver
transformer
(gave it away a long time ago). If you run the high impedance mike preamp in
the
rig and want some hifi, you have to run the mike preamp tube off DC.
I just did 1/2 wave (1 diode) and an electrolytic cap. The size of the cap
sets
the voltage the filament runs at.
The DC does not need to be pure, even rough DC will eliminate hum.

Neg feedback, regulated voltage on the mod tube screens, large coupling caps
will get you a long way to a good sounding 32V.
Brett
N2DTS