I thought it was WABeatlesC, with Vic Morrow or Cousin Brucie and you only heard the News at 5 to, and 25 past the hour.

At 09:36 AM 1/24/06, you wrote:
On 1/23/06, ne1s <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It was like being caught in a time warp. Some of my fondest childhood
> memories are of hanging out in my grandfather's cellar in Chatham, NJ
> building, fixing or otherwise diddling with some radio with WABC cranking
> the tunes.

I used to enjoy listening to big band music on 830 WCRN out of
Worcester/Framingham area but they went to an oldies format sometime
last year. I like oldies too, but it's hard to find 40s type music on
AM these days so I miss WCRN in that sense. At 50kw, they have a
potent signal up this way. You might give them a try too.

There was also a station over in NY that played big band music a few
years ago, but they got bought up by Disney and ended up playing
children's music and soundtracks from Disney movies. Think it was
WQEW? Up near the top of the dial.

It's always more enjoyable to hear some old music on AM broadcast
rather than more talk radio, but to me at least, there's nothing like
hearing some Glenn Miller or Tommy Dorsey tunes rumbling out of a big
old speaker with the receiver dials and tubes glowing away.

Thanks for passing this on, Larry - I'll have to fire up that SX-28A
in the front foyer that you were tuning around with in December - bet
it'll sound great, WABC always comes in here well. (o:

de Todd/'Boomer'  KA1KAQ