From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of VJB
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 5:09 AM
To: amradio@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [AMRadio] League Bandwidth petition - final tally

As I've done on a variety of reflectors, I want to
drop a note on here to thank those on the AM Reflector
who took the time to send Comments for inclusion in
the FCC database.

As a result, the response to the League scheme to
abandon mode-based HF coordination can clearly be
called "overwhelmingly negative." Several people
making a tally found those opposed anywhere between
6:1 to 8:1, depending on how one interprets postings
that saw a shred of hope.

The League's Reply Comment to these concerns is at
this link:

(700K file size, Adobe PDF file type)

http://www.wa3vjb.com/pics/LeagueReplyComments.pdf

What's next?

The FCC will take and consider the Comments and
eventually issue either a Report and Order rejecting
the petition, or a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that
may take suggestions from Commenters and try to
salvage accomplishing the stated goals.

Don't look for action anytime before the end of the
year, according an FCC official who is in a position
to know.

Paul/VJB