Isn't it funny that you can rationalize your purchase prices but someone else's rationalization makes him a sucker.

----- Original Message ----- From: "W2AGN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Discussion of AM Radio" <amradio@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 6:12 PM
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] April 1st already or a misprint

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

[Or to put it more succintly. "There's a sucker born very mnute."]
That is what W2AGN had to say about the people buying the AC-1's. Well...I
just took a look at W2AGN's shack picutres at his web site. Based on the ton
of junk there it looks like he speaks from experience! hi hi

Actually, much of the "ton of junk" was acquired quite reasonably. Much was new back in the 60's and 70's, and was "inherited" or was stuff I had back then. The GPT-750 I purchased in 1973, for $350.00. Not a bad value per pound. But $300-400 for an AC-1? I don't think so. Heck, I got a Heath AT-1 just a couple years ago for $75.00. Oh yes, and a Davco DR30 receiver for the same price. It just takes careful shopping, and not depending on eBay.

--
  _     _     _     _     _  / \   / \   / \   / \   / \   John L. Sielke
( W ) ( 2 ) ( A ) ( G ) ( N )  http://w2agn.net