I have a Bird 4411 which uses one slug for 2-30 Mcy. The meter has a switch that will change the power scale from 10 watts to 10K watts.

It is not a true peak meter but there is a formula that derives it in the book. The 4411 is a 4410 with provisions for AC input, the 4410 is 9V battery powered only, I think. The drawback to these meters is you usually find the meter without the slug, and the meter is expensive. I have seen them at hamfests, but the slug is hard to find and very expensive. It is accurate to 5% of full scale.

As for the diodes most any matched diodes would probably work. Seems as if the Drake MN 2000 had 1N295 or some such. Someone with a manual could check. Get a handful of the NTE replacements and match them, they are inexpensive.

73  Jim
W5JO

What is everyone doing for a watt meter?
My swan wm-3000 blew up last weekend, it reads no pep
and about 1/4 of the correct average power.
I could fix it if I could find out what diodes they used (3 gone),
and one of the little inducters broke, but it
would not be calibrated.
It was a good meter, 4 scales going up to 2kw, real pep
reading, large meter, but its toast.

Looking around, not much out there that does high continuous power,
real pep readings, looks good, etc.
I went to ham radio outlet in Delaware today (working close by) and
despite waiting for almost an hour, could not get much help.
They would not let me open a box of a daiwa meter, and I hate the cross
needle meters anyway, they had a diamond, not true pep, but I
could not look at that, they wont unseal a box unless you buy it.
That and the poor service had me walk out of the store
vowing never to buy anything from them, ever.

Some web searching turns up CB type meters, not good at lower
frequencies, or discontinued units.
Nye viking used to make a good one, but not anymore.

The 813 rig can do well over the 1500 watt pep level,
well over 2000 watts pep with the neg cycle loading
deck hooked up, so I need something good for the power.
MFJ makes one, but the manual shows its only good for
500 watts 100% duty cycle, 600 or 700 watts of carrier means
90 second transmissions (how cheap that mfj stuff is).

Not much on ebay but old heathket meters...

Brett
N2DTS