From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of VJB
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 2:01 PM
To: amradio@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [AMRadio] receiver tests for Theo

Theo,

In addition to looking up some AMers around your area,
I'd recommend asking for some sound files from people
who can record from the receiver candidates.

This past weekend Brett N2DTS and myself were in QSO
on 40m with a fellow running a very clean sounding
DX-100. We both rolled tape on a specific part of the
guy's transmission. Brett if you still have that sound
file, maybe render it down to an MP3 and I'll do the
same?

We can then describe receivers.

Meantime, there are some other sound files kicking
around that are worth downloading. I've got a few that
I remember what receiver I used:

http://www.wa3vjb.com/sound/HUZ-FT102%20(2).mp3

http://www.wa3vjb.com/sound/W2DTC-doodler.mp3

>From the "line output" of an R390A at 8Kc:
http://www.wa3vjb.com/sound/W0VMC.mp3

Steve, WB3HUZ has a pile o' files too:
http://www.amwindow.org/audio/htm/audio.htm

Here is the sound of a 51S-1F up on 10 meters AM:
http://www.amwindow.org/audio/mov/f5hsh.mov

In addition, check this batch of wav and MP3:
http://www.amfone.net/audio/

These will give a continuum of sound quality for sure.

Paul/VJB