I've been reading this AM linear thread with great interest.

I currently run a TS570 which gives me no more than 25 watts of carrier,
plus a bit more on modulation peaks. I have an unmodified DX60 that I intend
to put back in service later this summer after a shack painting project is
finished. (No need to move it twice!)

Because I enjoy operating, and would like to do so with enough signal to be
heard reasonably well on 80 and 40 meters, I too have been considering which
linear to run on AM.

This discussion of linears on AM has caused me to reason that there is no
exact magic combination of carrier drive level and audio level which is
guaranteed to produce a cleanly amplified AM signal. For me, at least, this
apparent fact is most unfortunate indeed. My signature will give you a hint
of the usefulness of a scope in my shack.

So, do I sit on my hands and wait for better propogation on the higher
bands, or do I continue serving as the pin-drop test for all those restored
75A4's, HQ170's etc?

Mike Duke, K5XU