Glenn Laser wrote:
Hi group I am Glenn W3WTE
At the age of 12 I lived about 3 blocks from W3PHL in Springfield. Wow what a antenna and I never met the man. Just imagine what happened when he came on the air and my Ocean Hopper was turned on. Every once in a while I could hear the station he was in QSO with. He was not popular with the neighborhood and people always said you don't want in that hobby; just see what you will do. I did QSO with him about 4 or 5 years later when I lived in Pittsburgh using my Globe Scout. Always wanted to know what happened to him and I did received the 2 meter repeater once in a while when we lived near Annapolis. Thanks for the memories and in no way mean this, to be a negative comment.
73 Glenn

I remember hearing W3PHL on 75 but that's about it.

73 de W3NU