John,

Be careful what you tell your wife, I told mine basically the same thing and she put me out to pasture to find 'em! :-)

Rick

John Coleman ARS WA5BXO wrote:

        I really have no idea if it is wired for 110 or 220.  I know
that the Plate XFMR is 110VAC and if it were me I would wire a separate
primary circuit for the plate XFMR.  Just for the load balance.  If the
filaments and low voltage stuff is all run from side A of a 220 circuit
and the plate XFMR from side B then it is feasible that the filaments
and low voltage supplies would be more stable.  And the pilot lamps
would not dim as much.  That is important when you're trying to write in
the log while talking on the air by the light of pilot lamps only, HIHI.

        I told my wife I was going to get two 20 year olds to replace
her and she told me I was not wired for 220.

        I'm gonna go disinfect some ice cubes.

John, WA5BXO