Rick Brashear wrote:

No doubt, they are noisy rascals, hot too. Geoff, I'm glad you mentioned 450TL. I have one I acquired with an old BC-610 someone had hacked up trying to make an amplifier. Is there a way to test more than the filament other than putting it in a working amplifier? I'd kind of like to build something around it, but would hate to get it all complete only to find the tube was too weak or dead.

Rick/K5IZ

Other than testing the filaments, no - I don't know of a way other than comparing it in an amp designed to use 'em.

Speaking of which, Rick... I've got an amp that someone started to home-brew, designed around a 450T. Filament is 220v primary, at 7.5v

big peice of copper tubing for a coil, tapped for 80, 40, 20 and 10m.

And, I have a brighly glowing 450TL to go along with it.

If you're interested, I'll send some pictures of it.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR