W5OMR/Geoff wrote:

Other than testing the filaments, no - I don't know of a way other than comparing it in an amp designed to use 'em.

Speaking of which, Rick... I've got an amp that someone started to home-brew, designed around a 450T. Filament is 220v primary, at 7.5v

big peice of copper tubing for a coil, tapped for 80, 40, 20 and 10m.

And, I have a brighly glowing 450TL to go along with it.

If you're interested, I'll send some pictures of it.

I don't know if I can afford it, but I'd like to see some pictures. How far along is it and which parts are still needed? I'm assuming there is no HV supply, so what would it require about 2500 volts at half an amp?

Except for the B+ supply, everything is there.

The 450TH/L, according the spec sheet, will take up to 6kVDC on the plate. You'll likely need a bit more current...
450TH spec-sheet --> http://tinyurl.com/p5f85

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR