Great Charlie Will be taking pixs of all today and posting them on my
Web site. Need to make an AC power cable up for it...
It did not come with it...Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 11:48 AM
To: Discussion of AM Radio; Bob Peters
Cc: Boatanchors; amradio
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] JOHNSON WHITEFACE

Hello Bob: Congrats on NIB Whiteface. There are still a lot of them
around
but not many NIB. I own 3 of them, one looks like it needs some TLC, one
converted to 10 Meters easily, just new crystals and 20 minutes tune-up.
As I recall, I put 29.000 and 29.100 in that one. (I scan 29.000 to
29.150
in 10 KHz steps). I think I doubled the power by shorting out the final
screen
resistor but would have to look at it again. (I did not get 10 Watts
out).

One Whiteface I converted to cover 160 Meters. This is a bit more
difficult
( new final coil and tune cap, new RF Chokes etc + crystals ) works well
for local net type use. They are a fun radio to work on or to get your
first
conversion going.

Have fun. 73, Charlie, K0NG  ..