From: Merz Donald S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Discussion of AM Radio <amradio@mailman.qth.net>; 'Glowbugs (E-mail)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 11:26:52 AM
Subject: [AMRadio] VTVM Battery Eliminator

Going through these old magazines, one idea that pops up a few times is
replacing the OHMS battery in old VTVMs with some sort of regulated 1.5V
derived from the VTVM's AC supply. The circuit designers seem to be a bit at
odds over the best way to accomplish this.

Has anyone does this with a circuit that they are happy with? I'd like to do
this to one or more of my VTVMs but I don't want to experiment with it--I want
an optimal circuit that will be reliable. Anybody got one?

73, Don Merz, N3RHT

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and is intended
solely for the use of the named addressee.
Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained therein by
any other person is not authorized.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning
the e-mail to the originator.(17b)