Dave, W3ST said,

Jim, I would highly recommend going to a lumber yard (Home Depot) and buy a sheet of styrofoam insulation board. Cut and form around the unit to be shipped.

Thanks

Dave and All,

I strongly recommend exactly that. Depending on the location, white styrofoam 8X4 ft sheets from 1/2 to 1 inch or more are available reasonably cheap. The Hi R pink dense type is real good but more costly. I use both all the time along with double wall cartons or double boxing.

It is all in the laws of Inertia. Isaac Newton I believe.

Bill