Dave-
I was inside a UPS terminal one time and I observed a long set of rollers running down center of building, about 3 feet off of floor. There were back-in bays on each side of this roller assembly.The smaller trucks would back in and take on packages from the roller. A tractor-trailer truck backed in to bay at end of roller assembly and they started unloading boxes onto roller, they were pitching them out of the trailer and landing them onto roller. Saw a few hit roller and fall to ground. Was real dis-heartening to say the least.
                                   CUL, Byron.
----- Original Message ----- From: "david knepper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <amradio@mailman.qth.net>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Collins Mail List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 6:19 AM
Subject: [AMRadio] UPS Shipping

Just wanted to pass this on for what it is worth.

The local UPS office advised me not to ship a parcel at the end of the week, particularly if the package is to travel more than a day. She indicated that there is the likelihood that the package being damaged if it is in storage at a UPS terminal waiting to be shipped out on a Monday.

Don't ask me why - I just appreciated her advice.

Thanks

Dave, W3ST
Publisher of the Collins Journal
www.collinsra.com - the CRA Website
Now with PayPal
CRA Nets: 3805 Khz every Monday at 8 PM EST
and 14255 every Saturday at 12 Noon EST