Rick Brashear wrote:

Hey, the other day, I stumbled across your selling of a virtal shitload of ham gear, Rick...

Wish I had known about that small linear by WRL... I've been looking at DC/AC inverters, and something like a 4CX250B amp would do just -wonderful- as a mobile linear, *if* I had a way of generating a couple of thousand volts DC.

Seems that with an inverter, I can build a power supply to generate the DC, and plug it into AC current. Or, design the amp so that it runs only around 1000vDC but has -high- current... say 500mA. but hey - a small tube amp would do just as well.

heh... just think - I could have -two- amps... one for 75, and the other for 40. Coax switches ;-)

You've got some stuff up there, Rick... anything in the small amp line, still?

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope, is like driving your car at night, without headlights. (K4KYV)

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR