On 9/12/06, Don Merz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The final deck has a socket for a single tube with the
large, twist-lock base and 2 plate-cap-size
connections for plate and grid caps. Not many tubes
fit that description, so I am thinking maybe an 810
goes there? The Eimac tubes are out because they used
a pin for the grid--not a full-size plate cap. The
final deck has a filament transformer (I haven't

Don,

Determine the filament voltage.  Also, was the bias supply for the
final in the power supply section that's missing?  If not, what does
the voltage appear to be on it?  This would help narrow down a final
tube.  The Eimac tubes above the 250T (450 up) used the standard .5"
grid and plate caps.  The 450T had both the pin and a .5" cap on the
grid.  GE also made some Eimac like triodes such as the GE806 which
was a close cousin to the 250T only it had .5" caps on the grid and
plate.  Of course there are other possibilities like Taylor, etc.

Brian / w5ami