[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

A better > way is to use the "Transverter" jack (socket) on the back of the 430.

Guess I had better get out the manual.  Have no clue what a transverter is.

Good luck and be sure you are in CW mode (no Mics!!)

How bout AM with the audio turned all the way down? CW requires a key closure.

I am getting brain cramps trying to sort out the antenna switching. Somehow the output has to go to the VFO input and the ant has to got to the RF connector or the transmitter out put. Maybe the transverter output solves this problem?

I am picking up a Knight T60 on Monday and I don't have any xtals and I thought this might be an easy way around.

js