Vince,

Thanks for your suggestion of moving the transmitter into the shack through a window. However, the RCA BTA-1R2 is not in modules. It is a 7' tall 32" wide (at the most narrow point), 1500 pound commercial broadcast transmitter. The modulation and power supply transformers and chokes are sitting in the bottom of the cabinet and can easily be removed. However, you're still looking at several hundred pounds cabinet and other components. It might be possible to get it through a window, however, the window would have to be taken completely out, so it would likely require as much if not more work than to take the door casing out.
Thanks,
Rick/K5IZ

Vince Werber wrote:

Forgive me if I made things worse but seriously here is what I might try...

First off the mod deck and power supply decks will have the most weight... I would pull them out (it is rack mounted I hope...)....