I like a P touch using clear tape with white letters.
You can print out whole words or multi words, in many different
fonts and sizes, and just stick it on.
You can trim the tape so its no bigger then the letters...

I used to use daytak dry transfers then clear coat, but they got
old and would not stick anymore.
I eliminate the clear coat, and can peel off the P touch
labels if I need to....

I also use it to label the chassis, on things like connections,
tube sockets, etc.

Brett
N2DTS