While its fun to play with, I think you should
plan on plate modulating the setup eventually.

You can experiment with screen modulation, it can be tricky
to get to sound good, wont do loads of power, and depends
on how the screen works as a modulator, some tubes are better
(lower distortion) than others I think.

I talk with someone who is screen modulating
a 4cx250b to 70 watts out, and it sounds very good.

To screen modulate what you have, you need to run
it in class C, and using a transformer in the screen
circuit, put audio on it.
You adjust the screen voltage for something like
1/4 the full power class C output.

A mike preamp like the berringer with a line output
will do it, or an 8 ohm to single ended output
transformer.

I think you have to use a separate adjustable screen supply,
(variac?) I think it would be real tricky to use a dropping
resistor from the high voltage supply, and might be dangerous.

But all you need is a 0-400? volt supply and
a small transformer on the screen mod deck, with a
screen voltage and current meter.

You do not have to run 2000 volts on the 813 plates,
the books say about 70% of the rated plate voltage
works best, about 1400 volts.
1200 volts would work ok also.

Since my pair of 813's is adjustable in every respect,
I should tack in a transformer in the screen circuit
and try the screen modulation, but just for fun,
I can get 700 watts of carrier out of the rig as it is,
why run it at only 100 watts or so in screen mod?

Brett
N2DTS