One major advantage with some of these schemes is
to run AM with reduced carrier.

Heath does it with their DX60 and others.

You can run that screen mod scheme in the final
OR you can run it a lower level and follow that with
a linear amplifier.

I would defer to the RF engineering experts here as to
which is the better method. Yes, I would love to read an
comparative assessment of the two methods.

DX-60 followed by an 813 RF linear or SB200.

Versus:

813 screen modulated final using the same method that sets
the quiescent carrier level at about 10% of peak signal.

Which would be more efficient?

I know it is just a personal preference, but I happen to think
that the Heath screen mod method for reduced carrier
sounds great and carries a lot of punch on the air.
I have read that the Heising choke modulation method
will only get the signal to be 85% modulated, which is not
at all bad. It just means you have a nice fat carrier (unlike
the reduced carrier methods) and a little more carrier than
with plate modulation

What say the transmitter design aficionados out there?

73 de AF4K, Bry