-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jack Schmidling
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 5:32 PM
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Component ID please

John E. Coleman (ARS WA5BXO) wrote:
 >So perhaps the
> other device was another resistor to adjust the value so that the meter is
> more accurate than it was with just the one resistor.

Well, the bands are black (background yellow) blue. Which would be 17
meg but it is also open and it is unlikely that both a comp res and a
wirewound would be open.  So I presume it is a cap and if you say one is
not necessary, I will just replace the 500k and call it fixed.  There is
also a 5 meg from the hv to the meter.

Thanks,

js