I'm with Bill on this one. Braided copper can be purchased as a sheath for
HV lines. Coax, you really don't have a good idea of what the insides look
like.
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK

I don't have personal experience (and don't want any), but have heard horror
stories regarding the use of coaxial cable as high voltage wire.

Short answer: Don't do it!

Use fresh cable designed for the purpose.  If you are willing to experiment
with a potentially lethal configuration, at least route the wire away from
any exposed surfaces.   If it does let go at least it won't be through you.

73 de Bill, AB6MT
[EMAIL PROTECTED]