>Does anyone have any information on getting a PW dial { 0 to 500 units) to directly correspond to 0 - 500 Khz. in a VFO circuit? I have the National >"PW Condensor", a PW dial with a 155 pF. air variable. Thanks, Byron WA5THJ.

It might be possible, by carefully pruning the coil, and adjusting the end plates of the capacitor by bending them in and out. It would depend on the fixed >capacitors used in the tuned circuit.

Good luck.

It would probably be more trouble than it's worth, since the capacitor will need to be somewhere intermediate between straight-line frequency and straight-line capacitance, and which would be designed to work over a specific, limited range of maximum to minimum frequencies.

Probably better to just do like National did with the HRO and NC-101 series: make up a tuning chart.

Don k4kyv