-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Lyles
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:32 PM
To: amradio@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [AMRadio] wireless

Confession time?

I had a Laf-a-Lot (Lafayette) 2 tube wireless broadcaster, hot chassis
and all, which I connected to a wire and made it out to one block away.
I had a junky turntable, a really old Mike, and a couple of toggle
switches as my mixer. Only had a few 45 rpm records back then, so my
programming was rather limited. Everything was fine until I connected
the input jack of the transmitter to the speaker jack of my Knight Kit
Star Roamer, trying to rebroadcast shortwave over medium wave. The
sparks flew as i grounded the chassis of the transmitter, not having
correctly polarized outlets in my parents 100 year old house.

Next I tried ham radio, that seemed to be the ticket....
73
John
K5PRO