-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Todd, KA1KAQ
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 16:25
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] the post about amfone.net post last week...

On 4/18/07, A.R.S. -  W5AMI <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I still take the "moron land" statement as a global issue with folks
> in this area.  It should be clarified, if that's not what the original
> poster of that statement intended.

I agree, Brian. I posted a response to your remarks on amfone, hopefully Joe
will jump in too. He strikes me as a decent guy, my guess is he just wanted
to rail against what he has been hearing repeatedly. To be honest, most of
the garbage we get up here (not counting what is generated here) comes from
4 and 8 land. I seldom here AMers on from 4 Land and have heard many-a SSB
horror story from those who live there, hence my concern from a radio
perspective of moving south.

And Geoff - if you damn Johnny Rebs would stop fighting the civil war, we
could team up and give the troublemakers down there a good tarring, feathers
optional (I'm probably gonna set someone off with that reference, even
though I made the feathers optional. Oh well). (o:

My 160m bc transmitter is going to be crystal controlled, so I can
sympathize with the guys who got set up for 3870 only to have these jerks
decide to make trouble for them. OTOH, it's a GREAT argument for being
frequency-agile, and NOT living in a tiny sliver of spectrum.
It's also a great reason for more gear, keeping the BC rig on 160, etc etc.
Never paint yourself into a corner.

Speaking of the south, I found a cool house last week while in Florida.
Sure, it has some fire damage that needs to be repaired and the inside is
gutted, BUT....it has a 20x40' reinforced cement block shop with steel roof
girders, built in 2004. Hurricane proof! The perfect home for the radios.
Even the XYL loves it, despite having told me she didn't want to get another
house needing work (reference to the current homestead).

One must have their priorities straight.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ