You are absolutely correct, Pete, no one owns any frequency in Amateur
Radio.  I have operated SSB on 3870 and on a number of other frequencies
also, and will likely do so in the future.  I listen before transmitting and
don't intend to interfere with other stations, and hope that other stations
will operate with the same courtesy, understanding and respect of the
privileges we have as Amateur Radio Operators.

Unfortunately, there are those who will exploit and abuse those
understandings, and in this case FCC rules.

It benefits all if we can come up with our own understandings of where we
can operate without disturbing other operations.  We have limited bandspace
and multiple modes of operation.  If we cooperate, that bandspace can be
used to the benefit of everyone.  There are DX windows for example that are
not mandated, but reserved for distance communications.  Same with digital
modes in and around CW operations.  Hopefully we are mature enough so that
it shouldn't be necessary to rely on an enforcement body to watch our every
move, and that we can set up schedules and nets.

This is an old saw and has digressed into bear-baiting in this case.  It is
time to work on our stations or get on the air and make contacts.  :^)

73 de Bill, ab6mt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]