There was no trouble with the receiver.  I regret to say that I forgot about
wiring the RF gain control backwards to avoid a bad spot on the control.
Shoot - I can't remember what I've done to my on rig let alone what I did
for Otis.  So you have to turn the RF all the way counter clockwise for the
thing to come to life.

The Final will require a little more work because of heat damaged wiring and
rubber insulators type feed through grommets.

I will take some pictures

John