John E. Coleman (ARS WA5BXO) wrote:
Opps, sorry I meant to send that to Geoff, W5OMR

shit happens. I suppose now I'll have to type up something to send to the list, since, I'm sure, there are going to be some curious people who wanna know what we were doing at Otis' place, and with his station...

Subject: [AMRadio] K5SWK HQ180A Reciever

There was no trouble with the receiver.  I regret to say that I forgot about
wiring the RF gain control backwards to avoid a bad spot on the control.
Shoot - I can't remember what I've done to my on rig let alone what I did
for Otis.  So you have to turn the RF all the way counter clockwise for the
thing to come to life.

The Final will require a little more work because of heat damaged wiring and
rubber insulators type feed through grommets.

I will take some pictures

John

you know, now that you mention it, it seems like I remember *almost* hearing some atmospherics when Perry, Jimmy and I were in there, and first had the thing turned on, but then Perry was in front of it, and turned the RF gain all the way up (normally the proper thing to do, to hear noise) and didn't think any more about it.

Looking forward to Pictures.

Did you see the Dayton pix?
http://w5omr.shacknet.nu:81/~w5omr/Dayton/

Good to see you yesterday, and glad you had the chance to get on the air. I know yer busy, but it seems a shame that one has to travel 100 miles (Perry) and 200 miles (me) to get some activity going over there.