Todd, KA1KAQ wrote:
Just thought I'd mention a connections between the Belton Hamfest and
NEAR-Fest that isn't readily-apparent. Attending both will be Neil
Kaltman, K6SMF from California along with his wife (Arlene, IIRC).

[...]

If you see them and feel so inclined, stop by and say hello. Even if
they have nothing of interest to you, prices too high, stuff too
heavy, etc, they are wonderful folks who enjoy amateur radio and
appreciate the chance to participate in these events.

I'll second that emotion. I've talked to Neil off/on on 17m when mobile on SSB and he's always had a great signal from the Left Coast.

Just saw Neil in May, at Dayton. Great folks, and ditto on Arlene not being bashful (about *any*thing!) ;-)

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope, is like driving your car at night, without headlights. (K4KYV)

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR