Ben Dover wrote:
I personally love the stuff. Coax has it's place, but often it's not the
best solution to the problem.

I've always used coax, but wanted to give open wire a try, and so far I'm very pleased with it. But let's talk tuners for a minute, assuming that we're not directly coupling to a balanced plate tank. I've been running 1500 watts PEP into a Heathkit SA-2060 with it's 4:1 balun without incident, but I've heard all the stories about core saturation, etc. How much advantage would a "real" balanced line tuner (e.g. a link-coupled tuner or Johnson Matchbox) have? Then antenna by the way is 130 ft, center fed, and primarily used on 75 meters.

Also, having read comments by Cebik and others - any thoughts on homebrewing high-power balanced tuners?

Thanks and 73,

Bob W9RAN