On Nov 22, 2007 9:09 AM, Geoff/W5OMR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mike Sawyer wrote:
> > Dave said
> >
> > This  perpetration of AM-SSB bashing has had a long running history of at
> > least 40 years.  Let's face it,  this discussion has run its course and now
> > it is time to end this "discussion" and move on - that is to those
> > frequencies that all of us petitioned for below 3750 Khz.
> >
> >  Well Dave, if you don't like it, use your delete key! There are some of
> > here willing to get to the root of the problem. It will not go away if we
> > chose to ignore it. Besides, its healthy discussion.
> >

> As much as I want to agree with you, Mike (simply because it's Dave
> ;->) he's talking about ending the bickering and fighting amongst hams
> in general, whether they're on the air, or not.  Also, I gotta disagree
> that it's -not- healthy discussion.  After 40+ years there's -no-
> discussion left.  It's just the perpetuation of an old argument that
> doesn't seem to have a logical conclusion, for both sides.
>
> Dave also makes a great point about AM'ers being just as guilty as
> SSB'ers in knowingly cranking up an AM QSO on a frequency that's 2kc (or
> less) away from an existing QSO (regardless of mode).

Well said Geoff, and thanks.  It's like I told some folks on AM the
other day who are not happy with any AM'er that ALSO operates other
modes; it's not the mode that makes the man, but the man himself that
makes him a man.  True, there are a lot of sideband ops that have a
vitriol hatred for AM ops, but we all know it works the other way
around too.  None of this helps a damned thing in the hope this war
will ever end.

73
Brian / wa5am