I know it's considered bad form to reply to your own posting, but what the heck ;>)

Thanks to thoughtful suggestions from you fine folks, I've:

1) reduced the file size of MOST of the images to > 1/4 of their original size.

2) Changed the background to a plain color to make it much easier to read the text.

3) MAY be able to move to a server with greater bandwidth. Stay tuned!

If you were having problems loading before and gave up, try it again now that the images have lost most of their bits.

73 and "thanks for the bandwidth."

-Larry/NE1S

Larry Szendrei wrote:
Greetings and a very happy new year to all!

Being on vacation last week, I took some time to do a major overhaul of my web page at www.qsl.net/ne1s/

In particular, you may be interested in checking out what I've put together for the 1926 ARRL Handbook regenerative receiver at:

http://www.qsl.net/ne1s/1926_ARRL_regen.html

and, for my "Old Buzzard Rig" at

http://www.qsl.net/ne1s/Old_Buzzard.html

The last time I did any updates was sometime around 2000 or so, so this was long overdue. Back then I had written all the html by hand from a text editor, and was afraid I'd have to do that again. However, instead I decided to join the 21st century and I used Open Office to make my edits and create new pages. Many of the graphics are pretty large files at ~400Kb each. I plan on trying to shrink then to a more reasonable size, as long as the quality doesn't suffer too much, and as soon as I figure out how! (I spend a lot more time with my radios than messing with this kind of thing.) In the mean time, please bear with me.

I hope you find this stuff interesting and enjoyable; feedback and suggestions for improvement are most welcome.

73,
-Larry/NE1S