You are correct but I wouldn't consider using it for transmitting on any radio with power more than about 25 watts.

The original RG 6 was made well but today finding a consistent quality cable is almost impossible unless you buy the best US specified brand, which is almost as expensive as LMR type cable.

Even then, you are taking a chance if you try to put much over 25 watts into it.

Jim/W5JO

I believe it's in the neighborhoon of 72 ohms. Typical video cable.

Does anyone know off hand the impedance of RG-6? I was given a hundred feet or so I'd like to use with my UHF antennas, but the cable guy didn't know the impedance. Google showed some specs, but I gave up before I got the
impedance.

Thanks,
Rick/K5IAR