If I do have to replace the resistors, is the wire gauge,
and number of turns for the chokes, critical?

I haven't found it to be critical. I generally use the solid tinned wire that radio shack sells on a small white reel, wrapped three or so times around a 2-watt carbon resistor. The resistor is usually 47-ohm or thereabouts.

No I wasn't on the AM net. At 9:30 CT I checked into WB9GKZ's classic SSB net on 3840 kHz with my KW Electronics KW-2000B transceiver. I tried to use it last week too but it needed fixin' before it was reliable enough for actual use.

Steve WD8DAS

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.

I'm hoping it's as simple as that (they looked kind of ratty, when I pulled
the plate caps to do plate to grid checks).  If I do have to replace the
resistors, is the wire gauge, and number of turns for the chokes, critical?

73,
Ellen - AF9J

P.S. - were you on yesterday morning's net? Condx. sure were kind of weird
to Rob, WA9ZTY.  I checked in with the mighty Scout 680, easily, and Rob
took a nosedive into the noise 10 minutes later.  Go figure.